88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badcj8

Reaction score
Great info...

Back on page 7 a guy asked about replacing his bench with a 40/60 split bucket in his 88 Reg Cab... I'm wondering if you can do a 40/60 Split Bucket with a center consol with out loosing any wheel/dash to seat room. The passenger side wouldnt matter as much and could be non-sliding but I'm 6'3" and already find myself quite close to the wheel with the stock bench as is.

Has any one seen, done or have pic's of this?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Here's a trick that I've used in Hot Rods. A '32 ford coupe with 4" wacked out of the roof, & a 6'4" owner don't mix well. You've seen these guys at the car shows. They're the ones walking around looking like the're gazing at their belly buttons. It's called 'Rodder's Slouch'!
Put 2 or 3 washers between the riser & the floor in the front, and then a couple or three more between the seat & the track, also in the front. This will raise up the front of the seat, & give you more support under your thighs. This will make the truck feel longer from the back of the cushion to the pedals. You can adjust the amount of the washers in order for you to get the fit that is right for you.

1badcj8

Reaction score
That looks pretty good... I may have to look at that... Do both seats have the sliding mechanism in them? What year did they come out of?

i used astro seats, lots of leg room (im 6'4"), they sit abit higher too.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Bolted right onto truck bases.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
That looks pretty good... I may have to look at that... Do both seats have the sliding mechanism in them? What year did they come out of?

not sure what year, but they are the base model seats, do not flip forward or anything, they do slide, slider is built into the bases, i used truck bases, bolted right on.

bigdaveberg

Reaction score
So to get this straight I would need the risers and 2 bucket seats. and just punch out the proper spots.
I havent got to do this yet.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
99% of most GM seats use the same bolt pattern when it comes to tracks & risers. Vehicles like Grand Ams, Grand Pix's, Astro vans, Camaro's, etc , are pretty much the same when it comes to this.