88-94 Metal dashboard being made, come give opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I made another thread about this but I live very close to this person and I've talked with him over Facebook a lot. I am going to be getting one of his dashes for my 98 he said he won't copy the newer style dashes but he is making dashes for the newer style trucks that look older like for instance he is making me a dash that will look like the 73-87 chevy trucks but will fit in my 98 he has shown me some of his other work and it seems very impressive. Actually for the newer dash trucks I see this being a great option most newer dashes in good shape go for 800 plus mainly cause there is no aftermarket 1400 in my opinion is definitely reasonable when compared to paying 800 for a used dash and the fact that he is willing to work with you and make it exactly how you want it is great once I get my dash I will let you guys know how it looks but from talking to this guy he seems to really know what he is doing
Florida prices must be wild.. even here in Texas where plenty of dashboards are broken, the 95-96/97-up dashes go for around $400-$500 in great shape.

Also another point is putting a 88-94 dash in a 95 and up is a huge pain and you have to change many brackets under the dash attached to the body which costs lots of money with his dash you could basically bolt a 88 to 94 dash in a 95 and up truck food for thought
One bracket to change to swap dash styles between the two interior designs, and that would be the steering column support.

Richard

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made another thread about this but I live very close to this person and I've talked with him over Facebook a lot. I am going to be getting one of his dashes for my 98 he said he won't copy the newer style dashes but he is making dashes for the newer style trucks that look older like for instance he is making me a dash that will look like the 73-87 chevy trucks but will fit in my 98 he has shown me some of his other work and it seems very impressive. Actually for the newer dash trucks I see this being a great option most newer dashes in good shape go for 800 plus mainly cause there is no aftermarket 1400 in my opinion is definitely reasonable when compared to paying 800 for a used dash and the fact that he is willing to work with you and make it exactly how you want it is great once I get my dash I will let you guys know how it looks but from talking to this guy he seems to really know what he is doing
Does it come with an all the gauges needed to fit, looks like a huge project to retrofit the cluster readings into 70’s style gauges.

What about the hvac system, is he going completely aftermarket for it

Dr1rrrr

Reaction score
He said that factory 73-87 gauges will fit and he could set it up the 73-87 hvac controls or the 98 controls and he would make whatever radio I wanted fit also he said he could fit the stock column or after market as for the "one bracket change" what you have to remember is not everyone can do that themselves I mean I can weld but that doesn't mean I have the expertise to change that bracket so I would have to 1 get a dash for around let's say 300 the. A column for like 150 most welders wouldnt change that brackets for any less than 150 then all the wiring and hvac would have to be converted I'd say you have at least 100 in that so you are looking at 700 to be conservative which all be it is half of what he is charging but what he has bolts right in he is willing to make custom changes for your specific application obviously if you are looking for the cheapest way to get a nice looking dash this isn't it. But for a custom all metal dash made exactly how you want it which also makes your truck unique I think 1400 is very reasonable you definitely couldn't get any other custom fab shop to do it for that price.

Dr1rrrr

Reaction score
Basically if what you want is a stock interior then this isn't for you if what something custom and cool then I don't think you'll find a deal that's a whole ton better

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said that factory 73-87 gauges will fit and he could set it up the 73-87 hvac controls or the 98 controls and he would make whatever radio I wanted fit also he said he could fit the stock column or after market as for the "one bracket change" what you have to remember is not everyone can do that themselves I mean I can weld but that doesn't mean I have the expertise to change that bracket so I would have to 1 get a dash for around let's say 300 the. A column for like 150 most welders wouldnt change that brackets for any less than 150 then all the wiring and hvac would have to be converted I'd say you have at least 100 in that so you are looking at 700 to be conservative which all be it is half of what he is charging but what he has bolts right in he is willing to make custom changes for your specific application obviously if you are looking for the cheapest way to get a nice looking dash this isn't it. But for a custom all metal dash made exactly how you want it which also makes your truck unique I think 1400 is very reasonable you definitely couldn't get any other custom fab shop to do it for that price.
I never disagreed with the price, i think fair for what you get. Was just curious about details of the 70’s and how he would make it work.

Me personally, i would like a dashboard that looked like the cybertruck but incorporated the 97-98 dash elements

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The quotes you put around my "one bracket change" feels a little like you're taking a defensive position, which isn't necessary. I'm just sharing info. It really is just one bracket difference between mounting an 88-94 dash and 95-up. I'm not saying it's a trivial swap, just that it's also not rocket science. Been there, done that swap..

You must be registered for see images attach

(A-pillar trim and headliner etc. not installed yet in this pic, obviously)

Richard