88-94 Metal dashboard being made, come give opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
Ok, be nice here.
Isn't the dash board the problem with these trucks and the cracking? Could one 3-D print a dash?

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting cold isnt really a problem, its the volume of airflow thats just subpar for a texas summer
Oh man I just fixed mine! I’ve got incredible air flow now. It’s gotta be on par or better than my 2012 Tahoe.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, be nice here.
Isn't the dash board the problem with these trucks and the cracking? Could one 3-D print a dash?
most hobbist size 3-d printers size top out in the single square foot range im guessing, need a huge ***** to make a dashboard

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the style. Part of why I got an 89 is because of how it looks. I do want to do some custom work to my dash to make it more modern, but I want it to still be instantly recognizable as an 88-94 dash.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
maybe i just have unrealistic expectations, ive replaced everything including the dash itself and still not really satisfied with airflow

A lot of this could be cab and duct volume. There's a lot more space to cool off in an SUV than a truck. My Suburban has the dual front/rear AC system and even so it always takes forever to cool off compared to my standard cab. Seems like the vents don't blow quite as hard in the Suburban either, my guess is because there are more ducts routed to more vents.

Dr1rrrr

Reaction score
I made another thread about this but I live very close to this person and I've talked with him over Facebook a lot. I am going to be getting one of his dashes for my 98 he said he won't copy the newer style dashes but he is making dashes for the newer style trucks that look older like for instance he is making me a dash that will look like the 73-87 chevy trucks but will fit in my 98 he has shown me some of his other work and it seems very impressive. Actually for the newer dash trucks I see this being a great option most newer dashes in good shape go for 800 plus mainly cause there is no aftermarket 1400 in my opinion is definitely reasonable when compared to paying 800 for a used dash and the fact that he is willing to work with you and make it exactly how you want it is great once I get my dash I will let you guys know how it looks but from talking to this guy he seems to really know what he is doing

Dr1rrrr

Reaction score
Also another point is putting a 88-94 dash in a 95 and up is a huge pain and you have to change many brackets under the dash attached to the body which costs lots of money with his dash you could basically bolt a 88 to 94 dash in a 95 and up truck food for thought