Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KoverC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was adding some accessories to my 89 and decided to take power from the convenience centre. I went to the junkyard, stole a bunch of pigtails from different trim levels and got enough to fill every socket.
To make it easy on myself, I made this pinout map based on multiple sources. I hope someone else finds this useful.

1. Color corresponds to the legend which tells you when the socket has power
2. The first number is the size of the fuse that protects that circuit
3. The second number is the circuit number, as you can see a lot of these are on the same circuits.

Please feel free to reply with comments, corrections or a better (cleaner) image of a convenience center.

You must be registered for see images attach

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was adding some accessories to my 89 and decided to take power from the convenience centre. I went to the junkyard, stole a bunch of pigtails from different trim levels and got enough to fill every socket.
To make it easy on myself, I made this pinout map based on multiple sources. I hope someone else finds this useful.

1. Color corresponds to the legend which tells you when the socket has power
2. The first number is the size of the fuse that protects that circuit
3. The second number is the circuit number, as you can see a lot of these are on the same circuits.

Please feel free to reply with comments, corrections or a better (cleaner) image of a convenience center.

Thanks a lot! This will be of great help. Do you know how I can figure what each of those circuits does? I have an '89 RCSB that had a cab fire that I'm trying to rebuild. I've had a lot of problems with circuits not working, then working then not working and it's driving me nuts. I believe that the problems lie within the convenience center but without knowing which circuit is which, it's really difficult to diagnose. I have another convenience center that I can splice in and hope that it fixes my problems but would rather not do that if I can isolate the problem to maybe a few wires instead. Thanks a lot!

KoverC

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! This will be of great help. Do you know how I can figure what each of those circuits does? I have an '89 RCSB that had a cab fire that I'm trying to rebuild. I've had a lot of problems with circuits not working, then working then not working and it's driving me nuts. I believe that the problems lie within the convenience center but without knowing which circuit is which, it's really difficult to diagnose. I have another convenience center that I can splice in and hope that it fixes my problems but would rather not do that if I can isolate the problem to maybe a few wires instead. Thanks a lot!

Please see the following resources.

KoverC

Reaction score
Do you know if the wiring goes from the convenience center to the fuse block to the device or from the fuse block to the convenience to the device?
Thanks again!
Sorry Martin, was away from the PC for a while.

Based on the function of the convenience centre, and in my limited experience, I think it makes sense that the fuses would be before the convenience centre in the fuses. My pickup is a cheyenne and has pretty well no interior options but still has all of the fuse wiring for those convenience centre pins. Also, if you take a look at this snagit from the wiring diagrams I linked, it looks like that's how it's wired.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome work @CoverK. I wonder if this varies by year/model, mine being a 96.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I’d call that a Slam Dunk for the convenience center. :005: