Convenience center piggyback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m planning on putting in a switch panel for some future additions to my “service truck” build.

The plan is to add some work lights, a power inverter and a 12 volt compressor (the latter two will be controlled by switched relays hopefully controlled by the same panel)

I want to use a “key-on” source to pull the 12 volts from to power the switches but am not sure where to pull from. I don’t want to wire them to the accessory fuses under the dash as those I believe are constant power if I remember correctly.

Is what I’m imagining possible? And if so does anyone have a diagram for where to hook up. I’d almost prefer it to be a dedicated plug that way I’m not creating gremlins in my factory wiring.

the other option that I was looking into is an aftermarket fuse box somehow doing the same thing, maybe using a 12 volt signal sort of like a relay. Not sure if they make such a thing.
You must be registered for see images attach

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there, I’m sure others will respond after me. On my 97 Suburban that has the travel time conversion, there’s an auxiliary fuse block mounted right next to the convenience center that i believe was installed by the conversion company. There’s a relay above it which is wired to get 12v from the fuse box under the hood and triggered by the ignition wire. I’ve provided what information i could gather hopefully it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpeg
    IMG_2462.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2593.png
    IMG_2593.png
    781.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2592.png
    IMG_2592.png
    462.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2588.jpeg
    IMG_2588.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 35
Reaction score
Hi there, I’m sure others will respond after me. On my 97 Suburban that has the travel time conversion, there’s an auxiliary fuse block mounted right next to the convenience center that i believe was installed by the conversion company. There’s a relay above it which is wired to get 12v from the fuse box under the hood and triggered by the ignition wire. I’ve provided what information i could gather hopefully it helps.
Thank you for the info I think that will help a lot actually. Offers me good solutions and actually probably better than how I was thinking to do it!