88-94 Chevy/GMC Back Up Camera Kit (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corkey723

Reaction score
Im going to offer a kit here shortly, I dont know that he had a bracket on his. The screens I have have the adjustable arm with a 3m pad on the bottom, but the pocket I have is too deep to reach. So something to space it out is needed, then it will work fine. Im going to try and get something that bolts in the back to give it something to stick too.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
aint I glad I got one from him before he decided not to!!! but for a heads up of anyone looking for the 88-93 dash insert, all he did was buy the cubby hole from LMC/dealer, or anywhere you could find one, and cut the cubby hole to fit a regular screen in it, it fits almost perfect and look pretty good in my opinion. Havent installed mine yet, I might fiber glass the screen housing into the cubby hole to make it look one piece, but for every day use, none show quality vehicle... this looks perfect.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is his kit looks really nice and neat and thats what I want !! Anyone tell me what screen he put in and where from !! Thanks !

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Since this isn't a for sale thread anymore and the OP is no longer offering the product, I'll chuck in my .02

I bought a 7" touchscreen off ebay for 100 bucks. It was a little more than a garden variety backup screen because it's a touchscreen, led backlight, TFT and setup as a computer monitor. I also bought a 12v night vision ccd camera off ebay for 35 bucks.

Tossed in some wiring and my backup cam is off an running.

I put a bit more work into the install though and mine is a 98:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's an old pic, but you get the idea. I've changed it up since then with a different cb, removed the ipod and a few other things. The 88-94 is even easier if you've gone to a single din radio in the dash. The right sized screen will pretty much fill the original radio head opening. A little measuring before you buy should get you pretty much bang on. Then it's a simple matter to build a bracket to hold it and maybe a little filler panel if required. A side bonus is most screens also have several "Aux in" so you can send a video feed to it. Like and ipod, dvd player, etc. Or you could put a forward facing cam. Get enough inputs and you could put a cam in each wheel well for rock crawling. The only limit is you imagination....my touchscreen also runs a "carputer", although I don't use it for much more than OBDII gauges since moving to an Iphone 4s.

You must be registered for see images attach

My camera is high mounted so I can look down on the trailer hitch as we travel and I can also see the left and right bumper ends when high mounted. The cover is fiberglass and built into the cap door fro security and weather protection. That pic has the camera covered over with foil tape as I was spraying the white paint at the time.

Ebay is flush with the parts you need and cheap:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CMOS-Car-Rea...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item2c714f4e09

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LCD-Color-Mo...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item2ecc34f4f9

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WIRELESS-REA...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item4acc5d8aef

A little bit of fabrication, a minimal amount of wiring and you're done.

Cheers

Last edited:

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks slippy3002; I keep forgetting all that stuff and try and support the members here but once in awhile you have to look out for yourself !!! Nice job btw and Thanks alot !!

corkey723

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have 2 kits here to sell. They include the dash pocket, camera, monitor and wiring. I have 2 size screens, so I didnt trim any of the dash pockets, you can decide how you want to mount it for your vehicle. The 4.3 inch screen kit is $85 +shipping and the 5 inch screen kit is $100 +shipping. If you are interested, please pm me. I will try and get pics up here soon. I don't have the post count to start my own thread yet. :shrug: