88-94 Chevy/GMC Back Up Camera Kit (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corkey723

Reaction score
Both screens also have the option to use a second video source. So you could hook up your video feed into one line, and have the backup camera on the other. This is the reason I figured I would offer the larger screen. Both screens have a sticky pad on the mount so you can mount it to other places if you choose. Any questions, pm me here or reply to the thread. Thanks everyone!

Here is the 4.3 inch kit.
You must be registered for see images attach

Close-up of the 4.3 inch screen.

Close-up of pocket with 4.3 inch kit. The front faceplate comes off so you can trim to fit the screen nicely.

Close-up of 5 inch screen.

Close-up of 5 inch kit pocket. This is just the Metra dash pocket.

The rear camera that comes in both kits.

Power cables for monitor, camera, and video cable from camera to monitor.

corkey723

Reaction score
Not yet, my trucks parked and covered in snow, lol. Maybe I will if we ever get a decent day or two, I'll throw the 4.3 kit it.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Corkey723; Do you still have these for sale anymore. Little warmer out and wondering if you put 1 in your truck yet and have any pictures !! Thanks Silverfox

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just added a backup camera to mine. Used the same screen but a different camera. Check out my build thread.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since this isn't a for sale thread anymore and the OP is no longer offering the product, I'll chuck in my .02

I bought a 7" touchscreen off ebay for 100 bucks. It was a little more than a garden variety backup screen because it's a touchscreen, led backlight, TFT and setup as a computer monitor. I also bought a 12v night vision ccd camera off ebay for 35 bucks.

Tossed in some wiring and my backup cam is off an running.

I put a bit more work into the install though and mine is a 98:

That's an old pic, but you get the idea. I've changed it up since then with a different cb, removed the ipod and a few other things. The 88-94 is even easier if you've gone to a single din radio in the dash. The right sized screen will pretty much fill the original radio head opening. A little measuring before you buy should get you pretty much bang on. Then it's a simple matter to build a bracket to hold it and maybe a little filler panel if required. A side bonus is most screens also have several "Aux in" so you can send a video feed to it. Like and ipod, dvd player, etc. Or you could put a forward facing cam. Get enough inputs and you could put a cam in each wheel well for rock crawling. The only limit is you imagination....my touchscreen also runs a "carputer", although I don't use it for much more than OBDII gauges since moving to an Iphone 4s.

My camera is high mounted so I can look down on the trailer hitch as we travel and I can also see the left and right bumper ends when high mounted. The cover is fiberglass and built into the cap door fro security and weather protection. That pic has the camera covered over with foil tape as I was spraying the white paint at the time.

Ebay is flush with the parts you need and cheap:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CMOS-Car-Rea...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item2c714f4e09

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LCD-Color-Mo...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item2ecc34f4f9

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WIRELESS-REA...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item4acc5d8aef

A little bit of fabrication, a minimal amount of wiring and you're done.

Cheers

Did you buy that under dash kit? Or make it if so links plz..looks awesome

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

ddennis45

Reaction score
these look awesome! I want to buy the kit already cut and ready with the 4.3! If anyone is still making them… my redneck ingenuity isn't the best..

ddennis45

Reaction score
and maybe a smaller, hidden camera that bolts lower instead of on the license plate.

mgrotel

Reaction score
Since this isn't a for sale thread anymore and the OP is no longer offering the product, I'll chuck in my .02

I bought a 7" touchscreen off ebay for 100 bucks. It was a little more than a garden variety backup screen because it's a touchscreen, led backlight, TFT and setup as a computer monitor. I also bought a 12v night vision ccd camera off ebay for 35 bucks.

Tossed in some wiring and my backup cam is off an running.

I put a bit more work into the install though and mine is a 98:

That's an old pic, but you get the idea. I've changed it up since then with a different cb, removed the ipod and a few other things. The 88-94 is even easier if you've gone to a single din radio in the dash. The right sized screen will pretty much fill the original radio head opening. A little measuring before you buy should get you pretty much bang on. Then it's a simple matter to build a bracket to hold it and maybe a little filler panel if required. A side bonus is most screens also have several "Aux in" so you can send a video feed to it. Like and ipod, dvd player, etc. Or you could put a forward facing cam. Get enough inputs and you could put a cam in each wheel well for rock crawling. The only limit is you imagination....my touchscreen also runs a "carputer", although I don't use it for much more than OBDII gauges since moving to an Iphone 4s.

My camera is high mounted so I can look down on the trailer hitch as we travel and I can also see the left and right bumper ends when high mounted. The cover is fiberglass and built into the cap door fro security and weather protection. That pic has the camera covered over with foil tape as I was spraying the white paint at the time.

Ebay is flush with the parts you need and cheap:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CMOS-Car-Rea...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item2c714f4e09

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LCD-Color-Mo...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item2ecc34f4f9

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WIRELESS-REA...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item4acc5d8aef

A little bit of fabrication, a minimal amount of wiring and you're done.

Cheers

Old thread, I know, so sorry guys. Great White, do you still have the pictures for this? I need to get neck surgery and I will be losing 50% of my side to side head motion so I need some sort of a backup camera setup for hooking up to trailers. I don't want to spend a ton but still want it to look clean. I have a 1996 model and was hoping to find a clean way to integrate a small screen where the little cubby is.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Great white is no longer active on the forum sadly. Neither is baron (mean green). But there are camera systems available that mount to the license plate that would work.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.