88+ 14 bolt caliper brackets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99JT

Reaction score
Considering doing a rear disc brake conversion on my 00 K3500 anyone know of a company that just sells the brackets not the whole kit?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'd better be some bigass rotors. The JF9 rear discs for '97 C3500HD have 13.5" rotors, 1.5" thick. I bet the caliper pistons are similarly huge.

First Guess: Anything smaller than the JF9-sized rear discs is a total waste of your time, money, effort, and enthusiasm. Do you currently have problems with brake fade? What brake option code was your truck built with? If you have JD7 brakes, an upgrade to the JD8 rear brakes would give you another inch of shoe width at the back. The JD8 (dual rear wheel) front brakes would similarly be an upgrade to JD7, or JD8 (single rear wheel) front brakes without all the problems of converting to rear discs.

Last edited:

99JT

Reaction score
I have JB8 brakes. Bought a kit for my 1500 and definitely made a noticable difference only reason I'm looking to swap these is it's time for a total rebuild. Theirs companies that make caliper brackets that use the front calipers and rotors off a 70s 3/4 ton total cost is around $300.