GM 14 Bolt FF Dually Parking Brake Lever Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chipbark0

Reaction score
Hello all,

A question I have comes from researching many of these forums for one part that seemingly has no information for it. My situation is I have bought a '93 K3500 dually which has the entire parking brake system in place, except for the lever arms in the drums themselves.

The only part numbers I could find that relate to this are GM 15594177 & 15594178. However, these all seemingly point to pre-1991 truck axles, and while some sellers show it fits the 1 ton, others show it is 1/2 ton only.

If possible, I would like to know if anyone has any information on the above parking brake levers so I can try to find somewhere that sells them new or used. The junkyards near me tend to frown on parting out axles and most, if not all, don't have trucks in this year range. Every other part of the drum brake assembly can be bought, and I would like to avoid the disc brake conversion if possible. Nothing against it, but keeping things OEM is a preference.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are looking for item # 27 in the illustration? There is left and a right.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O'Reillys H2323. Kit of springs, levers, hardware.

Let's try this link:
You must be registered for see images

Almost certainly available from every other parts store under some different number.

But maybe I've failed to find the correct part. Things looked good until I enlarged the photo that went with the description. That kit includes #12 from the GM description, but not 27.

Last edited:

Chipbark0

Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses, especially you, GoToGuy. The documentation you posted is exactly what I needed to get the part numbers.

The fun part now is so far, every GM part wholesaler only has the LH lever in stock (15649193) and the RH (15649194) is nowhere to be found.

Hopefully the above documentation will help others as well for anything needed on the post '91 14 bolt rear ends.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O'Reillys H2323. Kit of springs, levers, hardware.

Let's try this link:
You must be registered for see images

Almost certainly available from every other parts store under some different number.

But maybe I've failed to find the correct part. Things looked good until I enlarged the photo that went with the description. That kit includes #12 from the GM description, but not 27.
Yeah, all the replaceable parts except the park brake arm. I don't get that one. All the aftermarket kits very a little , this is a good complete kit. :waytogo: