77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol it’s on page 4 of the thread. $40 for the old school style. All brackets included. Everything needs sandblasted and powder coated.

You’re lucky. I’ll probably just do the black Westin step bars until if and when I find a set. If you look closely at my truck when I first got it, it had those in the grill and I hated them. Took them out the first day I got the truck and threw them in the trash. They were newer but I thought they were hideous. I like 90’s stuff but some stuff pushes it haha.
Duh I remember seeing it, today has been a long day. I did catch up on everything last night though!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
You’re lucky. I’ll probably just do the black Westin step bars until if and when I find a set. If you look closely at my truck when I first got it, it had those in the grill and I hated them. Took them out the first day I got the truck and threw them in the trash. They were newer but I thought they were hideous. I like 90’s stuff but some stuff pushes it haha.
I have to agree, the ScreenFronts aren't really my style, these ones that the j/y has are the paintable ones which look a little less hidious. I do like collecting stuff that was "all-the-rage" in the 90s though haha.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing new or exciting to report here. Did a new fuel tank, fuel pump, lines, and filter. I bought new stainless brake lines too. Like I said before this will be a 90’s style 4x4 build and was able to score V-tech tail light covers for $23. I opted not to use the Lund roll pan either. The truck doesn’t have a hitch and the Lund doesn’t have a cutout for it, two if I get rear ended it will cost a lot less money for a sheet metal roll pan. I’m hoping to get the truck wrapped up mechanically and getting in to the body shop before summer. If anyone has any recommendations for NEW roll bars please post them.

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all,
I’m not dead and I still have the truck. Had to have a radiator and new clutch fan done and the fuel pump died. So new fuel tank, fuel tank straps, fuel pump, and fuel lines. I focused more on saving for a house but the market around here is garbage. Scheduled 3 tours of different homes in the last month and all sold before I got a chance to go. Since that’s the case I collected a few parts. In November I found a major piece of this restoration. Pre-owned Lund StepMates for a regular cab GMT400. They were listed for a hot 5 minutes before I bought them from the Midwest. I’m ordering an NBS master cylinder and adapter fitting this week. Truck is now registered as an antique in PA so it doesn’t require inspection or emissions. Not that I’d be daily driving it. I bought a Ram 1500 last May.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: