77Conours's 1995 ECSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't done a whole lot to the truck recently because Christmas shopping has been murder on the bank account. I don't mind it though, I enjoy getting my family some cool stuff.

I however have my Kicker speakers installed at Best Buy with new wires. The sound is great, but I will definetly need to get some subwoofers soon. I installed an EP29 flasher and LEDs in my corner lights as well as ordered Mean Greens HD harness (I highly reccommend getting one of these!) HID kit, and smoked headlight kit with LED parking lights. I'll try to get these installed in 2 weeks.

I finally got the chance to take my truck off road because there's hardly any places where I live. The previous owner told me the other day they're installing power lines in the country and there was plenty of mud after 3.5 days of rain. The results are as follows :wink::
You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anything new with this truck?? Looks awesome man.

Thanks Charles,

Not too much has been going on with the truck other than driving it. I tried to get at my blower motor resistor the other day but shortly found out I need to pop the entire dashboard off. I also have been working 40-45 hour weeks while on break to finish my stereo build but I still need about another $1,000 to have it completely done, but I know in the end it'll be worth it. I do however want to add a huge alternator but I'm not sure what amp to get. I'll be running 2 12" Kicker CVX subs as well as 1 set of KC Daylighters (but eventually 3 sets) 130 watts.

As for my headlight situation the smoked housings I ordered from carID won't ship until the 23rd of this month because they needed to be manufactured. I asked my neighbor who does some work on my vehicles to install my HIDs and Barons harness as well as my first set of KCs but he hasn't really responded but he works nights mostly and is piecing his 1970 Camaro back together. So pretty much everything hasn't been in my favor haha.

ALL the parts I need to put in:

Doesn't seem like much but keep in mind my front firing sub box, amp, dual display mirror, and license plate brackets for the front of my truck are also headed my way.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Thanks Charles,

Not too much has been going on with the truck other than driving it. I tried to get at my blower motor resistor the other day but shortly found out I need to pop the entire dashboard off. I also have been working 40-45 hour weeks while on break to finish my stereo build but I still need about another $1,000 to have it completely done, but I know in the end it'll be worth it. I do however want to add a huge alternator but I'm not sure what amp to get. I'll be running 2 12" Kicker CVX subs as well as 1 set of KC Daylighters (but eventually 3 sets) 130 watts.

As for my headlight situation the smoked housings I ordered from carID won't ship until the 23rd of this month because they needed to be manufactured. I asked my neighbor who does some work on my vehicles to install my HIDs and Barons harness as well as my first set of KCs but he hasn't really responded but he works nights mostly and is piecing his 1970 Camaro back together. So pretty much everything hasn't been in my favor haha.

ALL the parts I need to put in:

Doesn't seem like much but keep in mind my front firing sub box, amp, dual display mirror, and license plate brackets for the front of my truck are also headed my way.

Sounds like you got some good updates coming up :waytogo:

My pile of stuff to put in is even smaller, :lol: so feel no shame. All I've got so far is some offroad lights and a relay... waiting on the junkyard to get me a diesel bumper. They take an eternity to do anything. :nono: I call them and they say, "Sure, I'll go look right now." Call back the next day. "You know what, I never got time for it, but I'll write it down and call you back." A week later, I call them back. "I haven't even got to it, but I'll look tomorrow, okay?" If I ran that yard, I could only imagine how much more money I could make by actually filling out orders. :nono:

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you got some good updates coming up :waytogo:

My pile of stuff to put in is even smaller, :lol: so feel no shame. All I've got so far is some offroad lights and a relay... waiting on the junkyard to get me a diesel bumper. They take an eternity to do anything. :nono: I call them and they say, "Sure, I'll go look right now." Call back the next day. "You know what, I never got time for it, but I'll write it down and call you back." A week later, I call them back. "I haven't even got to it, but I'll look tomorrow, okay?" If I ran that yard, I could only imagine how much more money I could make by actually filling out orders. :nono:

Speaking of bumpers I literally just backed my truck into a pole no terrible damage but there's a slight bend in my bumper and scratch on my bed sooo asap I'm gonna order a new rear dabbed bumper.....just one of those damnit moments.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was lucky enough today to be able to wash, clay bar, and wax my truck at work! Sometimes the minimum wage is worth it. I also got sent home early which I wanted too because I needed to take pictures in this beautiful weather we have. The following pictures were taken at a Chevrolet dealership that was in its prime around the time our trucks were being sold. I believe it was the 2nd largest Chevrolet dealership in Central PA. The economy of course took its toll on the dealership and it closed about 5 years ago. There was a broken window by the service area (I did NOT enter the building) but an old cork board had "Thank you" cards written for the mechanics and an old GM clock hung on the wall. I didn't take any pictures of those.

My personal favorite:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Looks nice! I love how your truck looks- mean and simple at the same time. Looks like your valence needs some attention there-

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks nice! I love how your truck looks- mean and simple at the same time. Looks like your valence needs some attention there-

I was hoping someone wouldn't notice the valence :lol: it's completely busted where its hanging down, I'm just too lazy to take it off. I also don't see any point in buying another because I would like to get a Tough Country bumper made eventually.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
either rip it off or replace it- they can't cost that much I wouldn't think....

another idea is you can take a drill and just screw it back up into your bumper since your going to get a new one anyways :gr_grin: