700r4 in the place of 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
You young guys know nothing about how it is to drive a POS that you don't have reverse, so you have to always think ahead and park accordingly. How about not knowing whether it will start or not, so always parking (with a manual transmission) so you can "push it off". Who among us of a certain age hasn't had a box or bucket of assorted fluids in the car or truck because it needs something every day.

You spoiled brats.

Don't swap those out. It would be way more trouble than it's worth. Fix yours, or buy a used unit.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
You young guys know nothing about how it is to drive a POS that you don't have reverse, so you have to always think ahead and park accordingly. How about not knowing whether it will start or not, so always parking (with a manual transmission) so you can "push it off". Who among us of a certain age hasn't had a box or bucket of assorted fluids in the car or truck because it needs something every day.

You spoiled brats.

Don't swap those out. It would be way more trouble than it's worth. Fix yours, or buy a used unit.

wtf!? automatic to automatic swap, automatics and manuals dont have reverse???? what are you talking about?

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
wtf!? automatic to automatic swap, automatics and manuals dont have reverse???? what are you talking about?

Just joking. I have had to drive some POS stuff in the past with all of the above problems and just joking about it.

He needs to fix his current tranny or get a new or used replacement. Going to the 700r4 would be going backwards and a pain to boot. I'm not even sure what the differences on the computer side would be.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score

You spoiled brats.

I'm 19, and I know all of these all too well! Or the, take the roads that won't be super busy when the tow truck has to come? Yup! I do that too.