700r4 in the place of 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i might be able to get my hands on a 95 k1500 tahoe for cheap cause it has tranny issues. the guy says that there is no reverse. i have a 92 k1500 z71 with a 700r4 with a stage 2 shift kit and some other upgrades on it. i was wondering if i could swap the 700 out of my truck into the 95 tahoe. reason being is i love suvs so much more than pickups. ive been driving an 04 tahoe for almost a month now and i had a s10 blazer for 2 years. the guy wants 700 bucks for the tahoe. so i figured buy the tahoe swap the trannys or just sale my truck and overhaul the tranny with the money. what ever would be the best. but if i could do the swap with out breaking the bank or having any issues i would much rather do that because its a semi built tranny.

thanks to anybody that could help me out.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can but its a pain in the ass sorta. drive your truck over with the tahoe and as a helpers fee ill keep the 92...deal? =)

do you know what all i would have to do. haha thats a long ass drive i dont think my 92 would make it. not to mention it has no water pump or battery right now.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yea we just did a manual to 700r4 swap on a 94 blazer. basically you need a standalone converter lock up switch. if the tahoe was automatic then tcase and linkages should bolt right up.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea we just did a manual to 700r4 swap on a 94 blazer. basically you need a standalone converter lock up switch. if the tahoe was automatic then tcase and linkages should bolt right up.

the tahoe is an automatic. how would i go about doing that and what exactly is that.

another thing that i was thinking is that since the 700r4 and the 4l60e are essentially the same thing internaly then couldnt all the 700 internals swap into the 4l60e case. we know the owner of a tranny shop so im sure if thats possible i could get that done cheap.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely the shell stripped or cracked at the weld. If you are worrying about expense you can usually pull the trans out and go in and fix just that and get out because they are clean breaks and usually do not burn frictions or contaminate the unit. I am sure there is a "how to" floating around the web if you spend some time on google.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i was talking to the person with the tahoe today and they told me that 1st gear slips and then its good from there. so i am going to look at it saturday and ill drive to see for my self, what i think about it. i kinda know how transmissions feel when they are messed up. past experience with my s10 blazer.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol so it has reverse? Definitely drive it yourself and know exactly what is wrong with the truck. But fix and keep 4L60e, its easier and more beneficial than going backwards in a 700 swap.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol so it has reverse? Definitely drive it yourself and know exactly what is wrong with the truck. But fix and keep 4L60e, its easier and more beneficial than going backwards in a 700 swap.

Yeah. I will def drive it. Thanks for your help

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2