700R4 horrible leak under load and no OD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87sheerips

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trans has been working fantastic... No issues. Never over 160 degrees running temp.

Was cruising home the other night and noticed She didn't want to shift into OD at all... I figured low fluid and BAM. Leaking insanely bad underneath.

Thought it was pan, replaced and no deal.

Cooler lines look good, servo looks good, dust cover looks good and dry.

Where could it be coming from? Crack in the case? Overflow?

Need to get back on the streets!

Any ideas greatly appreciated

87sheerips

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can feel it "slip" into OD but doesnt set in, or lock up. It is leaking so bad that is doesnt seem to be building pressure to allow the trans to fall into OD. Is really stange. Trying to find root cause before dropping trans out.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can feel it "slip" into OD but doesnt set in, or lock up. It is leaking so bad that is doesnt seem to be building pressure to allow the trans to fall into OD. Is really stange. Trying to find root cause before dropping trans out.

There it's only so many places it can leak while being under pressure.

Climb under there and find the leak. Have someone start it if it's needed. Wear safety glasses

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get some carb cleaner and clean it all up good, fill it up, then put it in reverse with the back wheels off the ground and just watch and see. Reverse has the most pressure, so it should leak. Pressure leaks are usually the front seal, cooler lines, or the vent on top of the trans.

87sheerips

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
upon further inspection, I noticed my servo is popped out. Second shift slammers finally got to me lol... Should be a straight forward fix without dropping trans I hope

You must be registered for see images attach