6V53T Detroit Diesel swap into a 97 K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Considering this ol boy put an inline-4 Series 53 Detroit in a GMT400, I'm gonna guess OP can get a V6 version in his?

Ledfeet did all aftermarket gauges, though, and I'm doubting the original truck's cruise in intact in any fashion, other than the now-useless switch on the column. Love this truck tho.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Richard
Do you know of any videos with it driving?

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw a 440 wedge slammed into a Sammy and it drove. Are there limitations like staying inside the body? What about extending the front clip on the volt. Maybe a sas from a 1 ton to give a wider base. I don't say impossible. I say really expensive and possibly ugly but not impossible

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's not an EMD 645 but it is a V18, 12 turbo, 78 liter Cummins that makes 3500 hp.. in a mini Cooper. ;)
Do you know of any videos with it driving?
Check the guy's channel; he has lots of videos throughout the life/evolution of that truck. Some of the very first ones are the most entertaining. There are several of it out on the open road, including inside the cab.

Richard