$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goo Gone gel and a pressure washer work well for removing Plasti-dip, spray it on and let it sit for awhile before pressure washing, it should come right off. Lighter fluid and this stuff work great also, both more or less melt it. Figured the last two out when I re-did the rims on my hoe'.
You must be registered for see images attach

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Goo Gone gel and a pressure washer work well for removing Plasti-dip, spray it on and let it sit for awhile before pressure washing, it should come right off. Lighter fluid and this stuff work great also, both more or less melt it. Figured the last two out when I re-did the rims on my hoe'.
I’ll give it a try!!

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I measured 1.5" from the edge of my tire (225/75/16) to the edge of the fender so I was expecting that.
Those 225/75/16 (29×9) were the size on the truck when I bought it new. Still have the original spare leaning against a wall.... Goodyear Wrangler. I asked the dealer if they were going to replace the transport tires before I took delivery. They laughed. But... my goodness they were torquey little things with the 4.10's.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Yeah, 225/75/16 is the stock size, and what I plan to go back to. Mine has 235/85/16 on it now, and too tall for my liking. About 31.5" tall, and about an inch between the tires, no spacer.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward a 245/75/16 in the future, but couldn't upsize last time as the camper barely fits in the hangar. I need a lower profile AC for the roof.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Finally got enough of the PlastiDip off. If I’ve learned anything from this project thus far, I will never use that can of PlastiDip I have in my garage for anything. This stuff was stupid difficult to remove. Saturday I plan on finishing the fiberglass repairs and then it’s on to sanding and filler.