$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CATman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did...not sure if you’re supposed to, but it worked for me.
when I used one with the master cylinder cap on it drew a vacuum and the fluid stopped flowing. So I would say it should be off.
Harbour freight is good for the tools you need only once or twice. But then it depends on how you abuse the tools.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
when I used one with the master cylinder cap on it drew a vacuum and the fluid stopped flowing. So I would say it should be off.
Harbour freight is good for the tools you need only once or twice. But then it depends on how you abuse the tools.
I have one of their pressure bleeder, uses compressed air to run it(which I had then). Worked well on the Burb brake repairs in 2018, when I replaced both calipers and hoses. Biggest problem was I needed to make a fixture to hold the bottle up into the master cylinder. Made it from baling wire. Cost around $32 IIRC. Made it possible to get the brakes bled by myself, so well worth it.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
On the way home, hit the brakes to stop at a red light and I heard a pop, my pedal went to the floor, and I seen something fly from my left front wheel. Luckily no one was in front of me or hit me when I ran that light.

Anyways, I found my outer brake pad wedged between the wheel and the caliper...I’m not sure if it was my clips that I seen going AWOL or the inner brake pad. As I type this, I’m currently waiting on my wife to pick me up so I can come back with tools.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had a caliper bolt loosen up on my Camaro while chasing a competitor closely. At the moment it happened I assumed pad knock back and didn't change course. I was wrong, I drilled his ass and sent him spinning into the dirt. Bent his tow hook down which he hasn't fixed to this day. Amazingly no damage to either car as that was a big hit. I scrounged some crap up and ghetto'd the car through the weekend safely, had to engineer a replacement for the missing caliper pin.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wow, I wonder what happened. I've worn a rotor/pad enough to pop a piston out, but I've never had anything break.... not even when I had a really corroded pin on my Saturn that should have been replaced as soon as I discovered it.