$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you just spray the outside or were you able to get it apart to do the inside? I removed the bowtie from my old grill on the plow truck and both the tab thingies broke right off.
I did the W/T grill on mine an did the bow tie black. I just scuffed it an painted it. I didn't even think about trying to take it apart....

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Did you just spray the outside or were you able to get it apart to do the inside? I removed the bowtie from my old grill on the plow truck and both the tab thingies broke right off.
I took it apart and broke one of the tabs, but I went back with double sided tape for insurance.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
They're made so that the sticks break off and you gotta buy a new one. I've heard that you can use a small screwdriver or awl to pry the tabs on the sheet metal trim nuts up and they'll come off. Haven't tried it yet. Too fkn hot at the yard yesterday to be messin with stuff like that, and my buddy was tired and ready to call it a day. We'd got up at 4am to get ready to go to the toy show; he came and picked me up cause his Colorado fits in their parking lot much better than Rawhide would. We went by the U Pull And Pay on the way back home, by then it was midday and VERY hot. Supposed to be worse this week.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're made so that the sticks break off and you gotta buy a new one. I've heard that you can use a small screwdriver or awl to pry the tabs on the sheet metal trim nuts up and they'll come off. Haven't tried it yet. Too fkn hot at the yard yesterday to be messin with stuff like that, and my buddy was tired and ready to call it a day. We'd got up at 4am to get ready to go to the toy show; he came and picked me up cause his Colorado fits in their parking lot much better than Rawhide would. We went by the U Pull And Pay on the way back home, by then it was midday and VERY hot. Supposed to be worse this week.

The rain we've gotten every day here for the last month plus keeps us cool. We've not really even cracked into the 80s yet. Last year this time it was 90-100 already and it went all summer. Even being a dry heat it was absolutely miserable.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The rain we've gotten every day here for the last month plus keeps us cool. We've not really even cracked into the 80s yet. Last year this time it was 90-100 already and it went all summer. Even being a dry heat it was absolutely miserable.
Ours unfortunately is NOT a dry heat. If we were further inland it might be, but even central Texas has a fair amount of humidity.