$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The line is not a complicated shape in that area, and flaring it pretty easy and the double flaring tool is not expensive.
The proper tool for double flaring that lasts more than a couple of flares is fairly expensive. I've destroyed a couple of the cheaper flaring tools. Supposedly the Rigid flaring tool holds up well for the low, low price of $75. I'd love to get the $250 Eastwood flaring tool, but I haven't had a project to justify that yet.

www.amazon.com/RIDGID-23332-Flaring-45-degree-flares/dp/B000X4K9KO
www.eastwood.com/professional-brake-tubing-flaring-tool.html

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went and got the correct caliper, put it on, vacuum bled the brakes and went on a test drive. They worked decent for a bit, but then the brake indicator on the dash came on and I lost some pedal. Checked my master cylinder, and it was low, wtf. So I started looking under the truck and found the brake line that runs along the frame rail next to the fuel tank had succumbed to rust. #%\*+ great!!

My only saving grace is that I was already planning on removing the bed anyways, so at least that’ll make it easier to access.
literally every time. there's something. it is how this goes.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The proper tool for double flaring that lasts more than a couple of flares is fairly expensive. I've destroyed a couple of the cheaper flaring tools. Supposedly the Rigid flaring tool holds up well for the low, low price of $75. I'd love to get the $250 Eastwood flaring tool, but I haven't had a project to justify that yet.

www.amazon.com/RIDGID-23332-Flaring-45-degree-flares/dp/B000X4K9KO
www.eastwood.com/professional-brake-tubing-flaring-tool.html

I've borrowed a set a few times, and they're just Amazon specials. They've been fine for my use, but I suppose my use has been limited.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Bolted up the inners and spacers. It looks like a Union Pacific truck at the moment. It’s gonna be wider than I wanted, but I didn’t want to give up my 4 new A/T tires lol.

Of course my laziness/ forgetfulness screws me over once again. I forgot to install my new valve stems, and sure enough, one is leaking, smh. I’ll just swap out once I get the other tires mounted and replace the stem.
You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will once I yank the bed lol. I’m gonna buy valve stem extenders from our tire vendor, hopefully those will work
I've thought about these for the shop dually rears. I could only find short stems when I did tires on it an they are a pain to check an air up. Easy to check at a glance an supposedly keeps the pressures even for better wear.