$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Got the bed unbolted except for 2 bolts (I did make sure they weren’t froze), everything unhooked, and all of my scrap around the yard loaded up. Gonna try to make it to the scrap yard sometime this week and have them unload the complete bed along with the scrap.
You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Got the bed unbolted except for 2 bolts (I did make sure they weren’t froze), everything unhooked, and all of my scrap around the yard loaded up. Gonna try to make it to the scrap yard sometime this week and have them unload the complete bed along with the scrap.
You must be registered for see images attach

I did that years ago with my 1981 Chevy LUV. I think it may have been my first time at the scrap yard, so I had no idea of protocol. I went inside and asked about getting rid of it, and the guy said unload it over there. I then asked him about getting weighed, and he was like "oh you want money for it?". I think he saw the small load in the box, and didn't understand I was leaving the entire box. I got the truck weighed, drove over sorta near the crane/magnet, pulled the lights, threw the scrap on the ground, and then my friend helped me lift the already unbolted box off, and got reweighed.... I wasn't giving the yard $14.00 of free scrap (and lots of cracked bondo)!

My friend told me he never felt so ghetto in his life riding home in my truck with no bed. :D

My truck was also white.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I did that years ago with my 1981 Chevy LUV. I think it may have been my first time at the scrap yard, so I had no idea of protocol. I went inside and asked about getting rid of it, and the guy said unload it over there. I then asked him about getting weighed, and he was like "oh you want money for it?". I think he saw the small load in the box, and didn't understand I was leaving the entire box. I got the truck weighed, drove over sorta near the crane/magnet, pulled the lights, threw the scrap on the ground, and then my friend helped me lift the already unbolted box off, and got reweighed.... I wasn't giving the yard $14.00 of free scrap (and lots of cracked bondo)!

My friend told me he never felt so ghetto in his life riding home in my truck with no bed. :D

My truck was also white.
Shoot, they’re gonna have to use the magnet, forklift, or something. I’m not manhandling that heavy bed lol.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Shoot, they’re gonna have to use the magnet, forklift, or something. I’m not manhandling that heavy bed lol.

I'd be a little concerned about the back of your cab doing it that way. Do you have the bumper on? I wonder if they could drag it backwards a bit before lifting.

Don't forget to disconnect your filler neck :cool:

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I'd be a little concerned about the back of your cab doing it that way. Do you have the bumper on? I wonder if they could drag it backwards a bit before lifting.

Don't forget to disconnect your filler neck :cool:
Filler neck is disconnected, wiring is removed and tied up, and bumper is off. Hopefully they can remove it with no issue

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Filler neck is disconnected, wiring is removed and tied up, and bumper is off. Hopefully they can remove it with no issue

Hmm, I probably could have scrolled up to see the bumper is off :3811797817_8d685371

Will you be doing anything to the frame before installing the dually bed? It sure gives great acccess. I didn't paint mine, but I did pressure wash, spray phosphoirc acid and oil/wax on it the last time I had it off. The first time I used phosphoric acid, and purchased undercoating. I also did the rear brake line last time.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Hmm, I probably could have scrolled up to see the bumper is off :3811797817_8d685371

Will you be doing anything to the frame before installing the dually bed? It sure gives great acccess. I didn't paint mine, but I did pressure wash, spray phosphoirc acid and oil/wax on it the last time I had it off. The first time I used phosphoric acid, and purchased undercoating. I also did the rear brake line last time.
I want to hit it with a wire wheel and paint it, and of course replace that PITA brake line that busted lol.