6.5 Diesel Oil Leak, Upper Drivers Side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay so i know that DieselPlace is probably the better place for this but my 94 with a 93 6.5TD is leaking oil in a weird place.

Anyone ever seen this? These photos were all taken from the Drivers Side, could be a crack in the head or block, no idea... oil seems good.

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it really oil? It could be diesel from a cracked line or leaking injector blowing diesel at high pressure into a fine mist.
It could also be one of the low pressure small rubber return lines that go from injector to injector.

Last edited:

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
It's got the consistency of oil and smells like oil... i do lose a little bit of oil, We've recently replaced all of the injectors and it just doesn't make sense... The passenger side of the motor is dry can be... The dipstick appears to be sealed but could it be blowing out of there? it just doesn't make sense.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is how I would look for it. Degrease and pressure wash the snot out of it and let it dry. Fire it up and look closely, if you don't find it, go get some baby powder. Dump small amounts of powder on that side of the engine and look for the wet spot. Theres your leak.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I just walked out to mine to take a look, you must have a body lift or have some way of looking between the fender and the frame. Looking at mine the only thing I can see from the top would be the potential for those injectors and or valve cover. The oil lines are known for leaking horribly on these trucks but I can't picture it pushing oil up that far.How does the valve cover look?

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Valve cover looks fine... no leak there.. And there is no body lift... i took my hand and stuck my phone inside the fender well. :)