6.2 or 6.5 Turbo thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rags77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually I wanting to know if anyone has even taken their diesel on a cross country road trip? Love these engines still debating on doing the db2 swap I have the whole pump and lines.. just afraid of the trans controller

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually I wanting to know if anyone has even taken their diesel on a cross country road trip? Love these engines still debating on doing the db2 swap I have the whole pump and lines.. just afraid of the trans controller
We bought ours in Florida and drove it home to Oregon.

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

when I got back to KS I has 446,425 on it. loaded heavy most of the way. I dont even think I had a spare PMD, just a Leroydiesel.com unit in the bumper.

You must be registered for see images attach

Angelo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.leroydiesel.com and www.quadstartuning.com are the only two places I go for 6.5L specific stuff. I do deal with PTwiringsolutions.com, but he sells through quadstar as well.
I was searching to see if anyone dealt with ptwiringsolutions.com before, to see if it's a legitimate seller. I need a GP wiring harness and he's the only apparent "seller" of a complete wiring harness for the 6.5 td

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was searching to see if anyone dealt with ptwiringsolutions.com before, to see if it's a legitimate seller. I need a GP wiring harness and he's the only apparent "seller" of a complete wiring harness for the 6.5 td
Good stuff. He actually does that as a side gig. He works for a nascar team.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 6.5 in a 95 cclbd back in 96, used the wrong coolant in it and that was the end of that. Sold it blown up and moved on.

Had a 93 cclbd with a 6.2 that had 6.5 heads and GM-5 turbo 5 or 6 years ago, had continual problems with it, got frustrated and sold it. I had good luck with SS Diesel Supply with parts and support, but in the end I'm just not a diesel guy.
Here's the 93 because I like posting pictures:

Last edited: