5spd manual trans, transfer case, detroit air lockers questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Here are all the ID tags in the glove box (hard to read), the VIN, and a pic of the transfer case.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for the bad picture of the transfer case. My truck is chassis lifted not suspension lifted.

I hope you can read the tags. Let me know what you think.

Also the rear diff is 10 bolt cover.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
it looks like it may say gu6 for gear which is 3:42 ratio , that is a np241c case, as far as a factory rear locker the g80 would have been listed after the gu6 just before the jb5 brake code so it did not come with a locker from the factory

orrdnek

Reaction score
new to this forum. but i came across a refrence to this post from google and it raised questions about my truck. I have a 94 k1500 and i have the GT4 G80 codes so i know ive got 3.73 gears but ive been in the mud and dont seem to have a locker in the rear??? can u give me some sugestions to see if its functioning or if its not is it easily repairable? or should i just look to aftermarket locker. I do play off road but i typically dont abuse my truck so id be willing to go back to stock locker if price is a lot less. also how is the locker engadged?