5lm60 to THt400 swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
I don't suppose you have the part number for this shifter do you?

when we swapped a 5 speed to a 700r4 it ended up in the same location, and the 400 swap from a 4l60e was the same location as well. the base of the line b&m floor shift adjustable works great we have one in the mud truck and our friends ex 5 speed blazer. oil cooler is simple to do as well

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
I have another question. If my neutral safety switch works off of the clutch pedal what can I do to bypass it? I see some of these shifters come with a neutral safety switch. Can it be wired in to the pedal switch?

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
It looks like my transfer case is going to bolt up to the adapter that came on the TH400. Excellent.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
Another question, I'm assuming this plug on the drivers side of the transmission is the reverse light switch? It has two wires going to it. One blue and one green. Is this correct?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Another question, I'm assuming this plug on the drivers side of the transmission is the reverse light switch? It has two wires going to it. One blue and one green. Is this correct?

Im not sure on that one, Automatic trucks have reverse light switch on column, that might be the kickdown

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
count your splines, stick trucks have a different spline count than automatics so you may need a different input or tcase in general. yes that is your reverse switch take the wires and splice them right into the b&m shifters reverse switch.