5 to 6 lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok thanks guys for the help its definatley appreciated i should know all of this but i have to learn somehow no thanks to my douchbag father

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
so i will have to find a 6 lug 2500 rear end since the 4x4 ones are three inches wider

correct but if you put takeoffs on there you will need 1.5 spacers all the way around. check out my 97 build thread. i put 4in lift spindles on, which makes the front track width 4in wider. so i put a z71 rearend and 6lug rotors and im running nnbs wheels. But i needed 1/4 spacers because the rims rubbed the spindles due to backspacing. so if you dont want to lift it, id suggest and 4x4 rearend and 1.5 spacers up front. and nbs & nnbs wheels have around 5in backspacing so if you get aftermarket rims you want to get close to that.

let me know if i didnt explain that good and ill try again, or let me know if you have any questions.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
heres a pic of a tahoe with spindles which make the front trackwidth 3.5-4 inches wider.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
and heres a 2wd with a 4x4 14 bolt and 6 lugs rotors with 1.5 wheel spacers up front. with nbs 17 & 245's! trust me i did alot of researching before i started!

You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
And also remember that the center caps on these wheels won't fit very easily because the hub sticks out so far on the 2wd rotors that's another reason why the put 1/4in spacers on mine to make the center caps fit also. Sorry for So many posts, it's just a lot of information you need to know