5 speed manual question..Clutch slave side bolt on case;

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all.. working on my 89 K2500 with the 5 speed, and have always wondered if the side bolt on the case (near the clutch slave), is removable.

Looks to me like an access point to the clutch slave shaft.. meaning helps install the clutch slave and line it up with the clutch fork.

I tried to unscrew it once, but it was in there really tight.. its an all aluminum case, and I don't want to break it.

Whats the word?

Thanks, and when I get the time, I'll post "Big Red's" story in the build section.

HDS

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is removable but with the age of these aluminum cases the bolt does seize up. I have the same issue you do. I didn't want to round the bolt off or pull the threads out so I left it alone.

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Dubs... Yea, having looked at it again, I just let it be. There is a hole in the back one can use coat hanger, or small do-da of some sort to support the shaft during install. So i'm going that route.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Dubs... Yea, having looked at it again, I just let it be. There is a hole in the back one can use coat hanger, or small do-da of some sort to support the shaft during install. So i'm going that route.

I installed a new cylinder and luckily it stayed straight so I could see and put it in from the front.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
I installed a new cylinder and luckily it stayed straight so I could see and put it in from the front.

What i did was take the slave rod and line it up on the groove on the fork, then put the slave on after