5.7L Vortec Catalytic Converter Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bosal cat setup in route. Will take some pics and share once in later this week. I have 40 series mufflers on mine, duals all the way out. Sounds great!

Which one did you order?

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No headers, just stock manifolds.. Ordered 1st one. Did yours come with gaskets?

That’s the same one that I ordered (49-state) a few weeks ago. No donuts included. It’ll be interesting to see if they put yours in a box for shipping, lol.

Haven’t gotten the motivation to put it in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
We had to replace the cats assembly on the other 99 Burb, many years ago. Think it was a Walker, and around $400, from the local parts store. NAPA, probably, we had one in Stafford then. I think we did new O2 sensors then too, much easier with the pipes out of the truck! Of course the studs were a *****. Dad redid them, but I don't remember how. Took a while though. But whatever gaskets and donuts we used didn't leak.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Hmm tell my tahoe that. I ran better without the cats. NYS is strict too, but this thing is 22 years old, they don't give a ****.

Then it was getting plugged up, simple fix. It's no 100 shot of nitrous, so it's not the kind of thing that'll win races but rather a ~$300 investment the rest of the world would thank you for. Nothing like gettin' all cleaned up & fancy only for some cat-less, fat running POS to stink up you, your passengers and your car in under twenty seconds..

And some of us live where the truck must have all smog equipment in working order to pass inspection and get licensed every year. Texas doesn't play on this......

I'm a proponent of this, as well as for brake & tire inspections. Too many hoopties, aka 3500lb+ bombs around here being piloted by people with the heads buried in their cellphones.

Last edited: