5.7L Vortec Catalytic Converter Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Burrage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am searching for a new Catalytic converter setup. My current sounds like there's a rock rolling around it them.. I read Flowmaster and MagnaFlow have some fitment issues, but reviews seem pretty good otherwise. I am also looking at the Bosal setup, but there are no reviews on them. Any thoughts or experience with any of these?

Ben Burrage

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the Info. My 5.7 is in great shape. New MSD distributor, all new Delco plugs and wires, and new upgraded spider. Scanner says everything is in perfect spec. My current cats are set of 6 year old Evan Fischer cats. Think the aftermarket cats are just starting to fail.. No CEL on just the sound of a rock slinging around in cats.

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
What are cats lol. Neither of mine has em, runs even better now lol

They keep the people following behind you from having to breathe in smelly hydrocarbons. Fix that ****. Walker makes some very affordable catalytic converters. I've never noticed a performance increase by removing one either. Hogwash.

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I have bosal in mine. Not bad for the price. Kept my sel off. Judt make sure the motor is in good running condition otherwise you ll mess up new cats
Nice exhaust, where'd you get it? After the salt stops flying around me I'm going to replace everything from my manifolds back. Was contemplating true dual but I didn't come up with anything affordable except for a single set up, using Walker's Y-pipe and cat.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
They keep the people following behind you from having to breathe in smelly hydrocarbons. Fix that ****. Walker makes some very affordable catalytic converters. I've never noticed a performance increase by removing one either. Hogwash.
And some of us live where the truck must have all smog equipment in working order to pass inspection and get licensed every year. Texas doesn't play on this......

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice exhaust, where'd you get it? After the salt stops flying around me I'm going to replace everything from my manifolds back. Was contemplating true dual but I didn't come up with anything affordable except for a single set up, using Walker's Y-pipe and cat.

The exhaust system is stock. The cats are bosal. I want an exhaust system though that's down my wish list