5.7 vortec mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread but I have an 0411 and a wideband now. From my knowledge all I have to do is change the platform code to V, copy over the platform data, and plug in the values for lean cruise?

This is correct, just make sure you activate the system options for platform V.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the Lean Cruise have a big impact on mileage? I tried researching it on other forums but couldn't find anything other than speculation and failed attempts at running in HLC mode.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Does the Lean Cruise have a big impact on mileage? I tried researching it on other forums but couldn't find anything other than speculation and failed attempts at running in HLC mode.
We'll see. Should be enabled now with some base setting. I'll update on how it works out

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

Reaction score
It works! Now running lean cruise. I'll test the fuel mileage next time I go on a long drive.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread but I have an 0411 and a wideband now. From my knowledge all I have to do is change the platform code to V, copy over the platform data, and plug in the values for lean cruise?
That is correct for HP Tuners.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We'll see. Should be enabled now with some base setting. I'll update on how it works out

Just pay attention to how the engine runs. It will let you know if you go too far by misfiring which you will feel as a slight but constant shudder. Watch the knock retard as well. Generally you can bump the timing 2-6* when in lean cruise with the AFR compensation table. The lean mixture burns slower and needs the timing advanced a little more to complete the burn making peak cylinder pressure by 15* ATDC. You will see increased MAP value in lean cruise but that means the engine has less pumping losses which equals better fuel mileage.

I can hear lean cruise in the exhaust note but really don't ever feel it or notice it aside from that.

I probably also would not run lean cruise above about .48 or .56 gms/cyl. When you get to that much load the engine is working fairly hard.

Last edited:

Awest623

Reaction score
Just pay attention to how the engine runs. It will let you know if you go too far by misfiring which you will feel as a slight but constant shudder. Watch the knock retard as well. Generally you can bump the timing 2-6* when in lean cruise with the AFR compensation table. The lean mixture burns slower and needs the timing advanced a little more to complete the burn making peak cylinder pressure by 15* ATDC. You will see increased MAP value in lean cruise but that means the engine has less pumping losses which equals better fuel mileage.

I can hear lean cruise in the exhaust note but really don't ever feel it or notice it aside from that.

I probably also would not run lean cruise above about .48 or .56 gms/cyl. When you get to that much load the engine is working fairly hard.
Thanks for the tips. I'll bring it down to a lower g/s. Got those numbers just from logging where it was at normal highway loads. haven't touched the base spark map yet so I really should worry about it first. Keeping the base fuel correction pretty mild for now because it'll change later. Targeting 16.6:1 during lean cruise. Might bump that up later.

Last edited: