5/7 drop C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to lower my truck. I do have some concerns/questions. I’ve read quite a few threads on half tons but only saw a few on 3/4 tons.

Looking at getting a belltech 5/7 drop p/n 702ND along with their shim kit for pinion angle p/n 4985, which says is for 6” drop but it’s the part they list for the 5/7 drop. Also might not use the bolt in notch and build a mini notch, know I need to notch the crossmembers for the differential and the carrier bearing

Anyway, I want to run an 18” wheel so I can still keep some sidewall, but not against keeping the stock 16” with a smaller tire. Can’t really decide which would be best. I live in Northern IL but don’t plan on driving this in the winter and the roads are eh. I suppose the 16” would be better even if it didn’t have the exact look I wanted.

I also can’t decide between a 4/6 or 5/7 really.

What would you guys do?

Feel free to post photos of your lowered trucks and share any input if you want. Here is how it sits now.

You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3/4 ton will look the same as a 1/2 ton. The difference between a 4/6 and 5/7 isn't typically noticable unless you're looking at them side by side.
You know what you need to make it work, and you can run 18's, there's plenty of sidewall. You could probably do 20's if you wanted. I run 265/35/22's on my daily NBS.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess you’re right! 18’s would be fine. Now to decide on what to get. I was looking at Detroit Steel Wheel Co. but at almost $300+ a wheel I’m not sure if I want to go that route. I like steel wheels haha but thought the Denali reps would be a hot looking wheel, they are 20s.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those would look good. What year did GM change 8 lug bolt pattern?
2011 they switched to a different pattern. I’ve seen pre-2011 HD truck use those wheels. I’m not sure if they made them OEM in the 8x165 pattern or if people are running reps. It would be nice to snag an OEM set as they probably hold up better.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever drop this thing I have the same truck in blue, I dropped the rear 2in to level it but I’m def going to lower it more after the
summer
Sure did. Here’s his build thread, suspension stuff kinda starts around page 20

Please tell me that s10 has a full tweed interior and a bed full of subwoofer :Whoa:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever drop this thing I have the same truck in blue, I dropped the rear 2in to level it but I’m def going to lower it more after the
summer
Yep. Sure did. Front needs to be lowered more. Your truck looks really clean.

Joebilt

Reaction score
Sure did. Here’s his build thread, suspension stuff kinda starts around page 20

Please tell me that s10 has a full tweed interior and a bed full of subwoofer :Whoa:
I wish lol. Just been restoring the factory interior. Vinyl heated bench seat but other than that just stock interior