5.0 Vortec SFI install-New bracket or old one ok?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm building up a crate engine for a 98 Silverado. When installing new SFI spider, do I need to change to a different bracket? Was having a hard time getting it to seat into the upper plastic plenum to the point I took it all off. with pieces in my hand the spider body drops right into the cover. Seems like the bracket is about .060 to .080 too short, it just won't seat all the way up. All GM parts being used. Thanks. Hope to have some pics of the build up on this site soon.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
pictures?

you didnt upgrade to the MFI (MPFI)? Delphi comes with a new bracket. also recommended to use petroleum jelly or silicon grease around the gasket ring of the fuel injection module to help it seat.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big D, I did upgrade to MFI. I finally got it to all lock into place on the old bracket, just hope it all stays there to get the connector locked in. that was a PITA. Yup, lubed it all up too. Like I said, parts in hand the spider body slipped right into the top cover, no problem, but with bracket locked onto the spider body it just would not push it all way up to seat.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Big D, I did upgrade to MFI. I finally got it to all lock into place on the old bracket, just hope it all stays there to get the connector locked in. that was a PITA. Yup, lubed it all up too. Like I said, parts in hand the spider body slipped right into the top cover, no problem, but with bracket locked onto the spider body it just would not push it all way up to seat.

I had the same issue. That was the only part of the whole job that kicked my ass. Took over 30 minutes just to get the upper intake to fully seat around the O ring.