4L80e from 350 to 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavyjunk

Oh cool I can change this
Reaction score
Hello all, I am in need of a tranny. I found a 96 4l80e off of a 350, will it work on my 93 454? My 454 now has an '80, but its about tuckered.

P.s
ill do my signature when I'm on my home computer.

heavyjunk

Oh cool I can change this
Reaction score
Ok, I realize that the bellhousing pattern is the same, and I am aware that there may be something on the valvebody that may have to be switched from the original to the 96, but are the internals the same between a 350 4l80e and a 454 '80?

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I realize that the bellhousing pattern is the same, and I am aware that there may be something on the valvebody that may have to be switched from the original to the 96, but are the internals the same between a 350 4l80e and a 454 '80?

pretty sure the computers changed pretty drasticly during the mid90s (in many ways too). In particuliar I think the TCC lock up engagement changed from hard lock (PCM sends on/off) to a gradual engagement (PCM send 8bit PWM train) to the lockup clutch. I know the clutch materials changed.

Maybe I'm thinking of the 4L60e though?