4L60E/ Square pad on inside of trans. pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrsLytn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it a magnet to collect shavings? There weren't any if that's the purpose. I pulled the pan because i got a p0785 code, shift solenoid be funky. I gotta figure out which one it is. But i got 2 buddies that have shops so one of 'em better tell me right in the a.m. I never serviced the trans. in the past because every time I did it on the older turbo 350's it would take a dump shortly thereafter. It's got 158k on it and has done well. I saw earlier where someone had the same symptoms and the solenoid switch fixed it. I'm thinking real positive on it right now. And going to bed. Pretty cool website,y'all. 'nite. (I'll get a picture of my truck when it ain't settin' on them ramps. :) Oh yeah, go Falcons....

ChrsLytn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well dadgum, if them shavings are coming from Minnesota they ain't had time to get here,have they? I'm just messin' with you. I appreciate it. See y'all.