4L60E Shift Sylenoids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi guys 1994 Chevrolet k1500 4L60E
Good trans won't shift automatically will however shift out if you start in drive and down shift on the column the trans is stronger than the one that was pulled out could this be my shift Sylenoids I got some I just don't wanna go through the trouble of changing them if it won't help

You must be registered for see images

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The fluid looks good

Filter also clean like new

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the Sylenoids matter on which hole they go in? They look identical but other than that the are lettered a + b

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Got it back together now checked the manual valve it seemed to check out all I gotta do is drive it down the road and see if she checks out

I drove it around our repo lot doesn't seem to have the same problem it did have before I'll know here in just a few minutes if she's back to normal

By the way there's the old shift Sylenoids didn't look all to great with the coils all damaged

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've inspected the wiring harness didn't see any problems
Changed shift solenoids didn't solve any thing so now I'm moving on the servo gonna inspect it and see if that looks alright

Kind of a tight fit in my truck

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Hi guys 1994 Chevrolet k1500 4L60E
Good trans won't shift automatically will however shift out if you start in drive and down shift on the column the trans is stronger than the one that was pulled out could this be my shift Sylenoids I got some I just don't wanna go through the trouble of changing them if it won't help

okay i dont even know where ti start but here it goes, if youve already pulled the solenoids.....youve dont 90% of the work, and they are cheap parts, so yes replace them, second, no it doesnt matter which solenoid goes in what what hole, but the connector has to go with the corresponding hole, and judging by the last picture in the first post.....do you have the transmission completely apart?

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah nice to have when you have these problems my truck is in limp mode throwing a

59-trans fluid temp sensor error high voltage

Don't know what to do there