4L60E...New TCC solenoid, now will not lockup at all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
as some of you have read in my last topic, my 94 Z71 decided to lockup the TCC in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th this past friday. I put in a new TCC solenoid, and now it does not apply in 2nd, wrd, or even 4th...ever, not even totally warmed up going 65mph...

I checked my fuses, all good, it was up to temp, I was well over 45mph, no lockup at all. It worked fine friday all day, until it started applying all the time.

I put in a BWD solenoid, I wired it as stock ,red to red, black to black, and bolted it to the trans in the stock location...i dont get it.

The new solenoid did come with a short black wire, and a pair of studs, was i supposed to use that? factory didnt...

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took it to the trans shop this morning, got it back this afternoon. They put in a new trans harness, the 75 dollar unit with the plastic wire channels, anyways....its fixed, 290 bucks worth of fixed.