4l60e gurus help please!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kglazier

Reaction score
Direct clutches are toast. Time for a rebuild.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
I really don't think that is the issue because it doesn't even try to shift into 3rd I would think if I needed a rebuild it would shift to third then slip or act up

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what happens when the frictions are completely gone. There is nothing to hold the engines power so the RPM's just shoot up like you aren't in gear. This is exactly what happened when the direct clutch went in my Suburban. No burnt fluid, no noise. The trans is shifting into 3rd gear, it's just that 3rd gear isn't there.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Kglazier

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm getting third without the locked converter I have3:73 gears and running 55 I'm at 3500 rpm with 285 tires I just don't feel it shift unless I have my foot on the floor

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm getting third without the locked converter I have3:73 gears and running 55 I'm at 3500 rpm with 285 tires I just don't feel it shift unless I have my foot on the floor

I just drove it hard for a minute and it is shifting twice so I defanitly have 3rd so just I ovedrive

With your tire size and gears, 55 mph at 3500 rpm would have you in second gear. That's if your speedo is correct. The best way to test what gears you have is to manually select 1st from a dead stop and manually change the gears, noting the shift and corresponding drop in RPM.