4l60E build? questions? iguess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevyrider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so im still fairly new to the form ive poked around a little and threw in my advice or .02 but I need some help with my tranny. I have a 98 k1500 4x4 ecsb if that makes a difference with the 4l60E 4" lift with 35s and possibly a cam swap done by PO. I guess u could say I "rebuilt" it about a year ago and all that consisted of was 3-4 clutches and the steels. the reason I did that was after my dist. went out I still beat on it for a while and burnt the clutches and then when I fixed the dist. I took it out and hammered it to town and then had to drive home in second :idiot: . so now a year later I babied it all summer only mud bogged 5 times max. compared to every day for 3 months the past summer. now a year after the clutch replacement I had trouble with it slipping so I changed filter and fluid and limped it by for a while longer well now its not shifting to OD or when it does it wont hold it for more then a few miles or for any acceleration. so im trying to get parts on the ready for when it gets nice enouph to rip out the tranny but want HD parts if I can and a shift kit for sure. any suggestions ? I also am curious as to what this vette servo does different then the stock one. So basically I would like as much input as possible on this to beef this up to where I can take it off road and pull trailers without the worry of frying my trans in the process.

thanks
MIKE
p.s. any additional info needed on truck just ask I can give u as much as I know about it other then what is already stated

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It really depends on what your budget is on the build. You can get good, better, and best on most of the parts in the unit. If its a jacked up 4x4 with mud tires that I can see will be rode hard we put this in as a minimum.

Master kit with all the gaskets and o-rings
Steel Plates
High energy Raybestos Frictions
Z-Pack 3/4 Clutches
High energy Band
3/4 Molded Piston
Heavy Duty (BEAST) Sunshell
Heavy Duty 29 Element Sprag
13 Vane Pump Kit With High rev and Hardened Rings
Superior Shift Kit
Fairbanks 2/3 Billet Servo
Superior 4th Gear Billet Servo
Boost Valve
Teflon Front Pump Bushing
Filter
Pressure Control Solenoid
New Converter
All new aluminum accumulators

That's a good starting point, you can swap a few things out to save money, or add a few things to make it a little more heavy duty. That would be a good unit. Just be sure to replace all of the teflon rings and build a tight unit.

98chevyrider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know nothing about trans to even attempt to sound like I no whats going on so I would more then likely take it to a shop and have everything installed by "pros" and yes it is lifted with big mt tires and yes it does get used and maybe a little abused from time to time but I also use it as a work horse ie. hauling fire wood from out back and pulling hay wagons and boats and quads whatever needs done you know normal truck stuff. but as it sits right now I hate driving it the 14 mile round trip to work and back but its my only "working" truck so im forced to for a while longer. as for as the parts you have above what would be an estimate for price on all that. I would price it out but I have no clue what some of that stuff is or a good vendor to get it from

sorry if im being bothersome im just ignorant when it comes to transmissions

thanks
MIKE

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are going to let a shop do it, I'd let them buy all the parts. Just tell them the upgrades you are wanting to do. Show them that list and let them quote you. That kit you linked from eBay is the master kit. It's a little over priced though. We sell that for around $125.00. If you are going to let someone build it, it's best to let them buy the parts so if something goes wrong they will warranty it.

98chevyrider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thank you very much i appreciate it

sent from my vortec powered smartphone