4L60E 1994 Trans issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

1994 K1500 5.7L TBI 4L60E

So my truck drives completely fine in OD and D, but if you put it in 1 or 2 it almost acts as if its in neutral. It won't grab the gear.

But in OD or D, it uses first and second totally fine. It acts almost as if its in neutral in 1 or 2.

Any ideas?

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sound like an electronic issue. If it shift 1-2 in drive, and it doesn't when manually engaged then I think you have something wrong. if you shift it into 1 or 2 while standing still, does the truck lurch forward or make any noise?

Last edited:

Big98z71

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 98, bought the truck with 159000 and turning 347000 tomorrow, I just keep driving it.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sound like an electronic issue. If it shift 1-2 in drive, and it doesn't when manually engaged then I think you have something wrong. if you shift it into 1 or 2 while standing still, does the truck lurch forward or make any noise?

Sorry for not replying. I forgot to subscribe to the thread.

It drives fine in OD, but will only slightly try to move forward in 1,2 or D if you rev it up... I only tried that once 'cause I really didn't like the idea of it.

Thanks guys.