454 ss grille on a 98

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johny

Reaction score
hello I want to a 454 ss grille on my 98 chevy, I’m just confused on what parts I will need to make it fit. if anybody can list what I would need it’d be appreciated. I’m new to forums in general so if it’s in the wrong thread My fault

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you already have the 454SS grille? If not, there was a "Sport" grille for the '94+ trucks that was painted black from the factory just like the original 454SS grilles. If you get one of those you'll have a really similar look and not have to change anything. It'll accept the lights (including the corner markers) that a '94+ already has. GM part number is 15981092, they're discontinued but a few companies are offering reproductions.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you want to make an original '90-'93 454SS grille fit a '94+ truck and look correct you're going to need all three '88-'93 lower filler pieces below the grille, front bumper brackets from an '88-'93, and a set of '88-'93 corner marker lights. Maybe some other things I'm forgetting...

johny

Reaction score
Do you already have the 454SS grille? If not, there was a "Sport" grille for the '94+ trucks that was painted black from the factory just like the original 454SS grilles. If you get one of those you'll have a really similar look and not have to change anything. It'll accept the lights (including the corner markers) that a '94+ already has. GM part number is 15981092, they're discontinued but a few companies are offering reproductions.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you want to make an original '90-'93 454SS grille fit a '94+ truck and look correct you're going to need all three '88-'93 lower filler pieces below the grille, front bumper brackets from an '88-'93, and a set of '88-'93 corner marker lights. Maybe some other things I'm forgetting...
appreciate it

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
'94 and '95 are composites.
94 has old style interior but new style outside.
95 is new style interior but still TBI under the hood. And several components are 94-95 or one or the other year specific (like the transmission).
Some of the things I have learned from this group!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That and listening to that 618 dude talk about the front end refresh year. ;)

Richard
Yeah, and if you want to do the Denali/Escalade grille, you need the whole front clip....
One of our local yards just recently put out a 400 Yukon. It's a Denali, but has the regular clip on it, and they put the fender cladding back on it so it just doesn't look right. Unfortunately it's not at the closest LKQ to me or I'd have gone to see what could be harvested. I wanted to get back to that black Esky to get some more parts off it, but no bux.....