400 C.I. Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
then where do you get a 3.92 or 3.97 stroker crank? and what rods are you using? and what are you gonna do to the vortecs? how much power are you planning?

wrist pin height isnt gonna affect oiling? and id think with that much stroke your gonna need a different pan, windage tray, gonna have alot of oiling mods to do to your block etc etc. a bang thats not quite worth all the bucks youll put in plus youll need way more than a vortec head and to leave it vortec your compression is gonna have to be lower to make it easier which impacts all your power and torque curves and minimizes how many cubes you have. i mean go for it but ive done the crazy 307, the nutty 331 stroker build and all i can say is you can help people try not to waste money but if you dont care then i guess go for it.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You could use an Olds 350 Diesel block with gasoline heads......... you can get 454 cubic inches out of it. It's been done, but not super common.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
no but youll need a small base cam as well. grind the block, oiling mods would be a good call because you cranks lower. i mean go for it, wont really make it the most super awesome truck in the world, seems like an extreme waste of money to not break a thousand hp or anything near that. want awesome go LS or hell new prototype lt1 or 12 valve or something, hell wanna be different 6.0 powerstroke build it right and it sounds like a small block with an anger issue.