4.3l non balance shaft crank trigger conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the4300guy

Reaction score
So. I have a 1993 oct 92 build date vin z tbi 4.3l non balance shaft engine. I have scoured as much as I could and have not seen it yet. I am wondering can a 4.3l non balance shaft engine that has the same timing cover as a 350 5.7l vortec, if I can use a 350 vortec crank trigger and do an 0411 conversion. I cannot find anything on this. This is simply my curiosity speaking. I have an 8625 in it now with a moates apu1 with my own tuneup etc. I already have hptuners mpvi and am familiar with it. I was thinking roadrunner 0411 or maybe hptuners 3bar speed density live changes. But that's a whole other thing. I'm pretty sure I could make the crank trigger work. Just wondering does anyone have any experience with similar? This is just a fun stop gap measure to make me work on the truck again. It's been sitting for 18 months and I just got bored. I can get a mercruiser marine manifold and rails etc for a couple hundred bucks in my local area, We have a huge boating/fishing market here. There are like 15 boat shops with parts literally laying around so easy to get. I'm not worried about that or swapping late model vortec heads on it. The eventual goal is ls swap with turbo but I'm just trying to get re-interested in my garbage. I just need something to occupy my time and keep me motivated.

TL:DR 4.3l non balance shaft block 350 crank trigger conversion

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The concern that I'd have is that the vortec 5.7 uses 4 "ears" for the reluctor. I would bet that a 4.3 would need 3.

the4300guy

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Shouldn't be a problem. If people can make an lt1 with a 24x conversion work and do 0411 swaps on 5.7l vortec 350's I should be able to change injector data enough to make it work. This is just a clip off an ls1 maro. I'm sure could use a 350 bin and make it function as soon as I figure out what difference there are vs 4.3l vortec with the same pcm style p01. I know they are the same type of pcm.

Edit: sorry for big snip. 4k displays can be stupid.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not going to work! For coil on cylinder you need a 24x reluctor ring. There are no 24x V6 operating systems for an 0411. You could however us the V6 ring behind the Holley V8 timing cover and use the 0411 with a standard Vortec distributor.

the4300guy

Reaction score
Iwasn't planning on using a 24x system. Only a 4x 350 ring and a 350 os that's modded for 6 cylinder. I might be able to make wasted spark work but I'm not super familiar with late model 06+ 4.3l stuff.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Iwasn't planning on using a 24x system. Only a 4x 350 ring and a 350 os that's modded for 6 cylinder. I might be able to make wasted spark work but I'm not super familiar with late model 06+ 4.3l stuff.
That will not work either. Needs to be a V6 ring and matching V6 calibration. If using an 0411 I would use an 02 4.3 V6 file to start with.

The newer 4.3s are 58x crank, 4x cam sensor, Drive by Wire and use either the newer E38 or E40 PCM I forget which.

the4300guy

Reaction score
Ok. New question does anyone know if a 3x ring fits under the holley timing cover?