3rd brake light for SUV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you with a 94 or newer Blazer/Tahoe, Yukon or Suburban could take a few pictures of the 3rd brake light. I have an older Leer topper on my 93 truck and am not having any luck finding a surface mount light and I'm wondering how the factory SUV light might compare. This is what I currently have. It is 16" wide by 1" tall and 2" front to rear. The screws are 14 1/2" center to center. I don't have access to an OBS SUV to look at or measure so that's why I'm asking for help. I don't expect one to be a perfect match but I'm hoping it's close enough maybe I can make one work. Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll take some pictures and measure mine tomorrow when the sun's out if no one else beats me to it.

I did some more looking online and replacement assemblies seem to be the same size but I haven't found dimensions for the screw holes. So yes if you can get some pictures and measurements I would really appreciate it, thanks!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever you get, make sure you can get a new gasket for it.
The center mount gasket for the trucks is discontinued and the aftermarkets dont necessarily come with a gasket.
And all of them in the boneyards are roached.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yep that gasket gets cooked in the sun, since most of the SUVs don't get to sleep inside.....I will look at my Burb in the morning (since I gotta get in the back anyway). Will post up.
Another thing about these lights; if you can get a new one, that would be better. After 15 or 20 years, the little LED beans do rattle loose......

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Here's the pix I just took. The light is 16" long and bolts in with 2 screws. Not sure what it looks like underneath because I haven't had it out of the truck yet. ( Need to get a new one but it still mostly works, so not yet.) One of the pictures shows the DOT number. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the pix I just took. The light is 16" long and bolts in with 2 screws. Not sure what it looks like underneath because I haven't had it out of the truck yet. ( Need to get a new one but it still mostly works, so not yet.) One of the pictures shows the DOT number. Hope this helps.

Thanks! Do you know what the center to center measurement for the screws are?

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know what the center to center measurement for the screws are?
Just checked (I'm on lunch and the Burb is in the parking lot) and center to center on the screw mounting holes is 14 1/2 inches. Base mount looks to be flat, but I don't know what the bottom looks like since I haven't had it off. If I get to go to the yards this weekend, maybe a Burb will have one on it.....looking for several different things.