3500HD bumper filler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I PM'd him on the other site and got this from him:
Wouldn't know the best way to hack this onto a non-HD as I've never done it; the core support on a 3500HD is taller and the frame is 100% different, that's why the need for the extended grille/bumper filler strip. For a while I did have a '98 C3500 that had a 3" body lift and just for grins, when I cut off the Ranch Hand that someone had welded on w/hacked brackets, I dropped an HD filler on there just to see how it laid out. It was pretty close to fitting, maybe needed another half inch? It's been at least a year or more so I can't recall for sure.

The difference in cosmetic front clip parts between an HD and non-HD, consists simply of the grille/bumper filler and the two flare extensions. The fender flares themselves are the same as used on 4x4's. Later models of HD's have unique flares that are extended downwards to eliminate the extensions. I believe this change came in around 1996.

Attaching the flares properly takes some work as when they came from the factory, there are holes punched in the fender exterior and interior. The flares have studs hooked into them and are backed up with PAL nuts on the inside. You can probably get away with using 3M VHB tape like many flares and side molding does, though if you use OEM flares you'll have to stack the tape to get enough build-up for contact as they're hollow on the backside.

Richard

so looks like I'll collect the parts and give it a try

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I havent seen that before. Not my style but it's cool enough to look twice at!