Bumper Filler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whittenetx

Reaction score
I have a 1991 k1500 I'm slowly building it had a grill and lights out of an 88 (the quad sealed beams). I'm replacing front grill, headlights, parklights, etc with the 1995-1999 set up. I just recently noticed while ordering new parts that the bumper filler is also different for 93 and older and 94 and newer. My question is before I order one which one do I need? The trucks never had one since I've had it. So im not sure if it bolts to the grill meaning I'll need a newer one or is it bolted to the core support or frame and I need the one original to my year?

I've tried searching but such a specific question with 3 different year models to type in I had no luck

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The bumper brackets are different for the newer style grille too, I believe? Seems like that's what I have read on here....
The 94- up "aerodynamic" grille sticks out a little bit farther, and the filler panel fits between the grille and bumper. That filler panel has flat tabs on it, that fit into corresponding slots on the bottom of the grille. This I know, because I have had the grille out of my '99 Burb several times. The grille in my Burb has several of these tabs and slots broken off, so it doesn't sit exactly as it should. No huge problem, just a rattle I know the cause of.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So im not sure if it bolts to the grill meaning I'll need a newer one or is it bolted to the core support or frame and I need the one original to my year?
You're talking about the trim piece between the grille and the bumper right? On my 88, it's bolted to the grille. It's fun tucking it under the bumper too.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
It's not easy on the later style grille either. That's how I know some of the attaching points are damaged or gone....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine on my 96 as it was cracked. I purchased an aftermarket, it was junk and returned it. I then took one off a friend’s being parted out, painted it, and with grille removed it was very simple to install.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s the GM part number for one I bought for my 98.

About $50 shipped on eBay a week ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88-93 grill, 88-93 filler.
94+ grill, 94+ filler
Not the C3500HD filler...

The 94+ bumper brackets push the front bumper forward a bit more than the 88-93.
The 94+ grill and filler will fit on the older trucks, but will hit the bumper.

If your 91 is using a 94+ grill, you need the 94+ filler. To install it better, you should replace the bumper brackets too.