Front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcelo

Reaction score
I have a obs w/t rhat i did a 88-93 grille/ headlight swap on. I noticed that the bumper is scooted a little forward. The bolts that go under the filler piece are exposed. Are the bumper brackets on a w/t the same as a regular silverado or would i have to swap them?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure of the year breaks, but there were differences in bumper brackets, filler panels, and marker lights in the grill year to year. I know quite inconclusive but there were differences

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was just a thread on this and forum member someotherguy pointed out the differences in these. I’ve forgotten how when you mention a member and it highlights their name and alerts them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have a obs w/t rhat i did a 88-93 grille/ headlight swap on. I noticed that the bumper is scooted a little forward. The bolts that go under the filler piece are exposed. Are the bumper brackets on a w/t the same as a regular silverado or would i have to swap them?
You didn't say what year your truck is but I'll have to assume it's either a 94-up or you have previously got 94-up bumper brackets (the middle two, not the outers) installed, for the gap to be like you're describing.

There's no difference in W/T / Silverado / etc. brackets, trim level doesn't make any difference here. It's strictly 88-93 and 94-up. The outer brackets are the same across all years.

A couple good pics and more info would help (what year is your truck for example) - a lot of these parts will mix and match to varying degrees and will kind of "fit" but not correctly, as you've found. Pics showing what all parts you're using - grille, filler strip, corner fillers, etc. help us understand how to help.

Richard

Marcelo

Reaction score
You didn't say what year your truck is but I'll have to assume it's either a 94-up or you have previously got 94-up bumper brackets (the middle two, not the outers) installed, for the gap to be like you're describing.

There's no difference in W/T / Silverado / etc. brackets, trim level doesn't make any difference here. It's strictly 88-93 and 94-up. The outer brackets are the same across all years.

A couple good pics and more info would help (what year is your truck for example) - a lot of these parts will mix and match to varying degrees and will kind of "fit" but not correctly, as you've found. Pics showing what all parts you're using - grille, filler strip, corner fillers, etc. help us understand how to help.

Richard
Ok thank you will get the 88-93 brackets then