350 tbi torque how much can i produce?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91chevyLB

Reaction score
Are those edelbrock top end kits worth it? They come with heads, intake, cam and lifters...that would be something I'm capable of doing myself, it gets out of my league when it comes to timing, machine work etc.. any thoughts on a bolt on kit like this? I'm guessing they would require a custom tune as well?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
end goal, what are you building for, what purpose. no they are not intakes a waste of money, doesnt flow any better than stock its essentially a stock intake casted with a throttle body spacer to help atomization. eddy cams are sad, im not sure what heads they offer for tbi. etecs are fairly stout heads for the most part but i doubt they are including those

91chevyLB

Reaction score
End goal would be low end torque for towing. My truck only has 115k miles but lifters are starting to get pretty loud. And if I'm going to tear all the way down to lifters I'd like to not just put it back stock, what do you think would be the best top end for this motor, I don't really want to mess with finding used vortec parts, or sending anything off for machine work, this is my dd and want to get everything back together in one weekend. Thanks for any help

91chevyLB

Reaction score
And what I planned on doing is while it's down, is take manifolds off and put a set of lt headers on...my thought then would be driving right up the street to the muffler shop to have them finish the exhaust, in order to keep from throwing codes would I have to put high flow cats back on? It is emmision exempt, but I don't want a check engine light on.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
91 won't throw a code if you delete the cat-there are no after cat O2 sensors. I eliminated my EGR and tuned it out and I get no check engine light.

If if you want some idea of what is possible with a TBI, check out tbichips.com. I wouldn't necessarily use one of his chips (I'm pretty sold on the EBL), but the packages he has put together work real well. He's getting 20+mpg on most of his builds.

Last edited:

91chevyLB

Reaction score
Thanks, I looked it up...I've acually came across some of his write ups before, good info fore sure. But a little long winded and gets me pretty confused with all the different options, im open for some strait forward ideas for taking my motor down to the block, and putting back a cam and top end for POWER!! For low end grunt and daily drivability.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
end goal, what are you building for, what purpose. no they are not intakes a waste of money, doesnt flow any better than stock its essentially a stock intake casted with a throttle body spacer to help atomization. eddy cams are sad, im not sure what heads they offer for tbi. etecs are fairly stout heads for the most part but i doubt they are including those

my end goal a funner dd but it will be used for towing a fourwinns boat, and other things similar in weight. So torque good solid low end mid range torque and a little off road use down two tracks and what not my budget is 3000

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
id almost copy my build if you want low budget, if not you cant go wrong with a good bottom end rebuild, vortecs/torquers or even the white performance cheap aluminum heads are pretty decent as well. bump compression, cam wise go with something around the lt1/4 upgrade your rockers, carb intake with adapters etc quite honetly search woody80z28 on here he has an excellent TBI build i beleive he puts down 310hp and 370tq to the rear wheels.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my builds a mess, i dont have a specfic engine build, i started with a motor i thought was decent but didnt comp test or anythinbg whihc was dumb, ran ok but PO had his way with some stuff and it was janky so i didi a top end, heavily ported tbi heads (good info on that is on tbichip.com or headbytes on youtube) k1002 cam with roller 1.5's and poly locks, intake is an edelbrock tbi which i would not suggest, id recoment a basic tbi to carb intake for intake bolt pattern and just run an adapter from you carb to tbi. exhaust is headers, 2,5 with h pipe and whatever mufflers were on it. e fans, ultimate tbi mods, tpi fuel pump with adjusted pressure, if i had to do it over following the same tame specs id run the sam cam with same rockers or uprade to an lt1/melling/or speed pro cam. Woody80z28 runs a stock lt1 cam converted to roller, the other selection are all hydraulic flat tappet. id swithc out my intake like i said to a carb one and either run vortecs or an older carb head with a decent flow rate and chamber. if you want to use what you have TBI heads ported out are a good source for your low end torque. my next build which im currently at is a little more wild considering an eaton m112 and 454TB is involved.