350 tbi cam/ other mods??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1993 350 5 speed and I'm looking to build it. I want to cam it what are some good options on cams. What's re some other mods I could do for more power?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I asked a similar question not too long ago, we should talk about your goals for the engine itself.

Is it going to go into your C2500 or a different truck?
Are you building for street/strip use? Towing? Basic daily driving? Daily with a little extra?
Are the heads going to be the same TBI heads or are you replacing those as well?
Another thing to keep in mind, exactly which transmission are you using? NV3500? T56? Is it a fresh rebuild? Are you rebuilding it?

This information will help us find you a good setup, but don't be afraid to look into it on your own as well. The SBC is a platform that's been built a million times over, so plenty of builds available online for just about every single setup out there (but we're also happy to help out as well).

Happy modding!

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked a similar question not too long ago, we should talk about your goals for the engine itself.

Is it going to go into your C2500 or a different truck?
Are you building for street/strip use? Towing? Basic daily driving? Daily with a little extra?
Are the heads going to be the same TBI heads or are you replacing those as well?
Another thing to keep in mind, exactly which transmission are you using? NV3500? T56? Is it a fresh rebuild? Are you rebuilding it?

This information will help us find you a good setup, but don't be afraid to look into it on your own as well. The SBC is a platform that's been built a million times over, so plenty of builds available online for just about every single setup out there (but we're also happy to help out as well).

Happy modding!

It is a k1500 with a 350 with the nv3500. It's gonna be a daily driver but I want it to turn heads. The trans is in really good condition inside and out. So is the t case.i wanna keep it stock heads but I have heard of putting vprtec heads in for more power what would be a better option?

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
If it's a daily, I would keep the TBI heads for torque and use a small RV cam such as the K1102 cam/lifter kit. Vortecs are good for power, but prone to cracking (depends on who you ask though). For me, if it's just a daily the TBI heads will work just fine, and the RV cam will get you enough of a bump that you should also enjoy it as well.

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gonna keep it a flat tappet. What about the computer system will it affect that?

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I've heard Sinister Performance is decent. FastChip is in Oklahoma and they seem to have good reviews.

Haven't heard good things about TBIchips (Brian Harris) at all. I'd probably stay away from him.