350 or ls swap?

350 sbc or 5.3 vortec

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything about the LS is better than the old school stuff. It would be such a waste of money not to put an LS engine in your truck if you have the opportunity. The swap is really quite simple. Even if you have to make it smog friendly like we have to do here is CA. There is plenty of information and support on line to do the swap.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ive decided, reason i was debating was the price of a 5.3 drive train but recently found a guy who sells 5.3 with the harness, computer, gas pedal for $500 with warranty so thats what im going with. Any advice on the 5.3 swap? What else would i have to change?

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything about the LS is better than the old school stuff. It would be such a waste of money not to put an LS engine in your truck if you have the opportunity. The swap is really quite simple. Even if you have to make it smog friendly like we have to do here is CA. There is plenty of information and support on line to do the swap.
Good thing i live in Texas

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Should be pretty straightforward, especially on this platform. Are you getting a trans with it? An entire matching drivetrain from the donor will be the easiest (and often cheapest in the long run) route. You can do these pretty much as cheap or expensive as you want. I spend quite a bit extra nickel and dime-ing small **** to make mine look and operate like factory. My advice is if you go this route, get it installed and running/driving, and then do any mods you have in mind later. You'll save a lot of headaches that way. Sounds like that is what you were planning on anyway.
You must be registered for see images attach

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My advice is if you go this route, get it installed and running/driving, and then do any mods you have in mind later. You'll save a lot of headaches that way. Sounds like that is what you were planning on anyway.
You must be registered for see images attach

That is some great advice right there. Get it running and driving before trying to change anything. I got carried away with making changes as I went. At one point I could not find my wiring notes and the whole project came to a stop because I didn't even know what was going on.