315/40/18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So for the past couple of months I've been going thru tire manufacturers looking for tire sizes. I bought a set of Corvette C5 wheels, I guess some call em wagon wheels. They aren't the greatest looking wheel, but I got em dirt cheap and they are dam near mint. 17x8.5 up front and 18x9.5 for the rear. Of course offset is bout the whole width of the rim. I found a set of fronts local for $50, real nice, one has a scuff but think it will buff out. I found a cheap set of 255/55/17s that were new, mounted them up, and tho they "say" they measure 28", they sure look small on the truck lol. They are on my phone, I'll update it later. But for the rear, wanted the fat tire look, and for an 18" rim, not a whole lot out there inless want super low profile. I don't want to slam this, as of now thinking a 2/4 drop. So an 18" roughly 28" tall, got looking into the 315/40. Measures touch over 28", but all the checking shows it as not even 12" wide. Measuring the wheel well I have is about 12.5", and I could roll the lip for more. Possibly hit the inside well with a hammer and get more. But need to be precise with b/s, and since need adapters, not gonna keep buying till get that 1/8" clearance. I was looking at 295/45, and can't find any used locally, but measured one was barely 10" wide. So I said F it and ordered one 315/40 off evilbay. It came in today, and someone doesn't know how to use a tape measure. Not mounted, was about 28" tall, but the width was 13" wide. Looks bad ass, but no way it's gonna fit without some serious hammerin'. Gonna exchange it for the 295s I guess. Really wanted a fat tire too, dam.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics stock tires, 235/75/15

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for being off topic, but did you get this Tahoe from Texas? That dealer emblem is from Covert Chevrolet in Bastrop, which is close to Austin. They're a big all GM make dealership, and have multiple locations in central Texas. They started out as a Buick dealer and went from there.
My family's first experience with the 400 series Burb was with one that my aunt rented from them, summer of '99, for a family trip to a reunion in Chickasha,Oklahoma. It was platinum/ pewter C1500 Suburban, like my current one except was LS with cloth seats. Handled 5 of us very well,in July heat with the ac full blast, 3 different drivers loved it and my 6'5" tall lanky brother could sleep in the 3rd seat.
Had no idea then that another pewter Chevy Burb would be so important in my life and family......

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it came from Texas, but I bought it in New Hampshire, from a guy that lived in TX. Still had the TX title when I went to reggy it Monday. This one is an LT, has the leather interior. Unfortunately the interior was toasted, the front seats looked like the melted lol, carpet was pretty nasty. I found a guy parting out a Z-71 Tahoe, got the whole interior but the dash n column, so that went into the Tahoe except the seats. They had the 2-tone grey/dark grey seats that went into the Yukon, and the Yukon's went into the Tahoe. It has 203K and runs pretty good. Needs an alignment bad, but good enough for now....

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look small on the truck because the OE tire is nearly 29". Was it your intention to go smaller?
Perhaps it's time to lower the truck?
If it were me, a 275 55 17 would be on the front

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I know they are smaller. Also I think this sits lil hi up front, don't know why, has stock coils in it. I found the tires dirt cheap on marketplace. I have 2 sets off fronts, so when I get the rear figured out and after it gets lowered, see how it sits n maybe get the 275s. I would like the tires to match, guess Im picky like that lol...