3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it’s done, but the LCA is rubbing on the wheels. Looks like it’s already tore them up quite a bit, but not enough for them to be compromised. So I’m not going to drive it. I suppose I could trim them, but I had already planned on getting different wheels anyways. I guess I’ll just get 18s.

Driver:
You must be registered for see images attach

Passenger:

I’ll pick it up Sunday and just get her home to my garage for the winter. No driving it this year fellas. Below is the alignment sheet.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha yeah they will self clearance, but I'd rather not go that route. I am thinking of just getting 20s. Trouble is I'm having a hard time finding a load rating of E on a relatively low profile tire.

Edit: looks like Toyo Proxes would work well. XL rating. I think I'll get 20x8 with 4.75" of backspacing. Have to do more research on size. Anyone know the OE back spacing on the 8 lug wheels?

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, too bad the wheels rub. Alignment looks good though.
Yeah not bad. Steering wheel is turned to the passenger side. Those wheels have got to be stupid expensive. I’m going to get a set of Detroit Steel Wheel Co delrays. They’ll be painted argent silver and I’ll get the 20” beauty rings to go with it.

@someotherguy what were the wheel/tire specs that you had on your LD2500? I tried looking at some threads but couldn’t find the info I needed. Edit: looks like 20x8 in the front. Any recollection on the backspace or tire size? Know that’s been a couple years now.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
$2,020 before tax on a set of delrays in 20x8 with 4.75” backspacing. Seems like that’s a little pricey. Still have to decide on a tire size.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
20x8 with 4.75" might be a little tight. They don't have 5" or 5.5"? I can't remember if my fronts were 20x8 or 20x8.5; I could be confusing specs between the old Centerlines and the Boss 338's. I can say for sure the rear Boss 338's were 20x10 with 6" backspacing.

I say call Detroit Wheel up and let them know what you're running. I've never talked with them but something tells me they probably have a few staff that are technical enough they can advise on the specs.

I can definitely recommend the Toyo Proxes ST III's for an all-around sport truck style tire. Been running the Proxes since the original ST's, ST II's, and now been through a few sets of ST III's and still running them on both our SS's.

Richard

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
20x8 with 4.75" might be a little tight. They don't have 5" or 5.5"? I can't remember if my fronts were 20x8 or 20x8.5; I could be confusing specs between the old Centerlines and the Boss 338's. I can say for sure the rear Boss 338's were 20x10 with 6" backspacing.

I say call Detroit Wheel up and let them know what you're running. I've never talked with them but something tells me they probably have a few staff that are technical enough they can advise on the specs.

I can definitely recommend the Toyo Proxes ST III's for an all-around sport truck style tire. Been running the Proxes since the original ST's, ST II's, and now been through a few sets of ST III's and still running them on both our SS's.

Richard
I will give them a call. They offer a 20x9 with 5” - 5.75” of backspacing. It seems like that might be a little close, too.

According to this thread, 8” wide with 4.75” of backspacing will tuck, doesn’t mention how comfortably they’ll fit though!

I’ll have to do some digging. I’ve never bought custom wheels before, so I’m in some uncharted waters.